Friday, December 16, 2011

Alma update 12/16/2011

Photobucket

Here is a summary of what I have been experiencing.  Ever since my transplant in May I have been getting hot flashes.  I had gone through menopause in 2005 after chemotherapy due to lung cancer.  The doctors have no idea why I am experiencing the 20 to 30 hot flashes I was having a day.  At least 8 to 10 of them were during my sleeping hours of which I was waking up every time because they were so severe.  Anyways the solution to the hot flashes was an anti-depressant.  I went on it and that shot my blood pressure up.  I started taking blood pressure medicine and had an allergic reaction.  I felt like I was walking on stilts and my legs were constantly hurting and they started stinging a lot.   I took a look at my legs and there were bright red and hot to the touch.  I was bedridden for over 2 days.  Needless to say I stopped taking those meds and now I am on another one. Hopefully this one will work.  I will not even get into my sleeping patterns.  Let's just say that we had to experiment with different doses and I believe that is squared away.  However, these are just minor symptoms as compared to where I was last year at this time.

Forever grateful to God, the donor family, my parents (my earth angels) and my breath!

Celebrate Life,
Alma

No comments:

Post a Comment