Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Birthday to me...I celebrate 3 birthdays now

Photobucket
Today I got to celebrate my birthday.  My first birthday after my 3rd chance at life.  I say 3rd time because I survived lung cancer back in 2005 and now I received a lung transplant on 5/3/11.  I have 3 birthdays now.  However, this one is different.  It is very strange to think that this was a birthday that could have never been for me if it wasn't for the organ transplant organizations here in the U.S.  I am grateful to the organ donor family and to God.  I am also grateful to my parents who were with me EVERY step of the way.  I am grateful to my family, my friends, my co-workers and my caregivers.  I am grateful to the WORLD!  Thank you to each and every one of you.  Life is good and breathing is better than chocolate!

Celebrate Life,
Alma


No comments:

Post a Comment